Saturday, January 31, 2009

Illustration Friday - Flawed


Once upon a day, Far far away in a far off land was a strange little town that was flawed, even the towns name was indeed "Flawed Town". In this town the trees grew upside down, the birds swam in the lake and the fish flew in the sky. The houses in Flawed Town had lots of windows but no doors! The cars in the town would also drive upside down! ''Why what a strange little town'' you say, "How could anyone live here?". But to the people of this town, who have three eyes and ten little toes this is their home!

Tell me what can you find in this picture? I have half coloured in the drawing of "Flawed town" above. Just for bit of fun, you can download a PDF of this image, completely FREE! Colour it in any way you wish either on the computer or by hand and email it back to me. I will upload the best entries here...

look forward to what you come back with! x Kas

10 comments:

デイドリーマー said...

so fun and so cute!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Wow what a wonderful illustration and design. Great work! I'm going to have fun coloring the rest!

Edrian said...

Great composition and design. It looks so lively too! Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, and what a cool story! You should write a book, I want to read all about flawed town :)
And happy birthday to you! I love that picture of you on your bike, so cute :)

Carolina Grönholm said...

Fun idea about letting people colour it! and what a cute illustration!

Anonymous said...

This reminded me so much of the 1970s! Cool groovy color!

Bella Sinclair said...

Call my travel agent! I need to book a ticket to Flawed Town! How fun, and I love this design. It will be so much fun to color.

OH! And happy happy birthday to you!

Tom Woolley said...

great shapes and colours!

Kassi Isaac said...

thanks for your comments- and birthday wishes!!! :D

peg nocciolino said...

Really nice image. You give "flawed" an all new wonderful meaning. Yes, I think looking at the world from another perspective (even upside down) is a good idea sometimes:)
Thanks for your comment on my work!
Love your sketches too..