Saturday, January 31, 2009

The giving tree

For all those who don't know, I am addicted to collecting beautiful/ gorgeous children's books. A friend of mine recommended this book by Shel Silverstein, Its a fantastic book- I would recommend to young and old alike, the moral of the book is timeless. Beautifully written with simple and clean illustrations, the book crafts a beautiful story about a little boy, a tree, life and unconditional love. It also reminds us not to take the people we love for granted- nor the things they do for us.

This book reminded me of this beautiful cartoon I absolutely adored when I was a young, ( I haven't seen in since) finally found it on u tube, written by Walt Disney Its called "Lambert the Sheepish Lion'' I hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

Heather Sitarzewski said...

I love collecting children's books as well and that is definitely a great one. Check out "The Day The Babies Crawled Away" by Peggy Rathmann if you haven't. A beautifully illustrated, wonderfully sweet story. And I remember Lambert! =) How fun!

Peter Breese said...

Oh I am a huge fan of this book. I have another recommendation for you, though it isn't a book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xeidmjy6s&feature=related

I think you'll enjoy it.

Cheers

Kassi Isaac said...

thanks for the recommendations, Heather - ill have to keep an eye out for that book- I saw the cover on amazon it looks really cute!

thanks Peter- nice frogs- very cute!

x kas

get zapped said...

Thank you for your comment on my tree on get zen. Yes, I've read this fabulous book many times over. Incredible!

Helene said...

I just ordered this book for my neighbor's daughter and I could not stop looking at it myself once she opened it. It is a treasure indeed.